The GL3310(-11) is a highly integrated USB 3.1 Gen 1 to SATA 3Gb/s bridge controller, which includes self-developed USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transmitter/receiver physical layer (PHY), USB 2.0 HighSpeed PHY, and Serial ATA (SATA) PHY. It also backwards supports USB 2.0 and SATA 1.5Gb/s. This single chip solution complies with Universal Serial Bus Specification revision 2.0, Universal Serial Bus 3.1 Gen 1 Specification revision 1.0, and Serial ATA Revision 3.0 Specification Gold Revision.
Genesys Logic, Inc. has been developing, manufacturing, and distributing USB applications and products for more than ten years. With the experienced skills, the self-developed USB 3.1 Gen 1 SuperSpeed transceiver exhibits surprising achievement as shown in Figure 1.1. The signal quality not only fits in the specification limitation, but also provides wide tolerance for unexpected conditions. As a result, GL3310(-11) can perform fast transmission rate and high compatibility with various USB hosts and commercial SATA devices.
GL3310(-11) is especially designed for cost-efficient solution. The 8051 microcontroller, embedded power regulators, and single 25 MHz clock source all are the features help customers easily design their own products with few efforts. This highly integrated solution helps to reduce system cost as well.
Moreover, GL3310(-11) inherits customer feedbacks from its predecessor products and provides two SPI interfaces, PWM controls, watchdog timers, UART monitoring interface, and various general purpose I/Os (GPIO). These flexible add-on features help the customer to design specific products for applications.
● Comply with USB 3.1 Gen 1(5Gbps SuperSpeed) and USB v2.0 (480Mbps high-speed) specifications
● Comply with SATA 3.0 Specification Gold Revision (3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s, no 6Gb/s)
● Comply with USB MSC Bulk-Only Transport (BOT) and USB Attached SCSI (UAS)
● Support USB 1 device address and up to 6 endpoints
● Support USB 3.1 Gen 1 U0/U1/U2/U3 power management states
● Single 25MHz clock source and embedded regulators
● Spread Spectrum Clocking (SSC) for EMI reduction
● Two SPIs, PWMs, and UART for peripheral controls
● Available in 64 pin LQFP (7x7mm) and 48 pin QFN (7x7mm) packages
● Certified by USB-IF PIL Lab
● Certified by USB-IF Bus-powered Products