The GL834 is a crystal-less USB 2.0 to Single LUN SD3.0 (UHS-I/SDR-50)/MMC/MS/xD/CF Memory Card Reader controller.
The GL834 is a USB 2.0 Memory Card Reader single chip. It supports USB 2.0 high-speed transmission to CompactFlashTM ,Secure DigitalTM (SD), SDHC, miniSD, microSD (T-Flash), MultiMediaCardTM (MMC), RS-MMC, MMCmicro, MMCmobile, Memory StickTM (MS), Memory Stick DuoTM (MS Duo), High Speed Memory StickTM (HS MS), Memory Stick PROTM (MS PRO), Memory Stick PROTM Duo (MS PRO Duo), Memory Stick PRO-HGTM (MS PRO-HG) and MS PRO Micro and xD-picture card on one chip. It also supports huge density memory cards (up to 2TB), such as SDXC and Memory Stick XC, and high speed memory cards, SD3.0 UHS-I cards. As a single chip solution for USB 2.0 flash card reader, the GL834 complies with Universal Serial Bus specification rev. 2.0, USB Storage Class specification ver.1.0, and SD/MMC/MS/xD/CF card interface specification.
The GL834 integrates a high speed 8051 microprocessor and a high efficiency hardware engine for the best data transfer performance between USB and flash card interfaces. Its’ pin assignment design fits to card sockets to provide easier PCB layout. Inside the chip, it integrates 5V to 3.3V and 3.3V to 1.8V regulators and power MOSFETs and it enables the function of on-chip clock source (OCCS) which means no external 12MHz XTAL is needed and that effectively reduces the total BOM cost.
● USB specification compliance
● Integrated USB building blocks
● Embedded 8051 micro-controller
● Secure DigitalTM (SD)
● MultiMediaCardTM (MMC)
● Memory StickTM / Memory Stick PRO / Memory Stick PRO Duo / Memory Stick Micro /Memory Stick PRO-HG / Memory Stick XC
● Support CompactFlashTM v6.0 with PIO mode 6 / Ultra DMA mode 4 and LBA48 (Capacity up to 144PB)
● Support xD-PictureTM v1.2C Type M/H
● On chip clock source (OCCS) and no need of 12MHz Crystal Clock input.
● On-Chip 5V to 3.3V and 3.3V to 1.8V regulators
● Support 5V to 3.3V Band Gap Regulator for stable voltage supply
● Support 5V power input and 3.3V power input
● Provide Over-Current protection mechanism for safety power supply
● On-Chip power MOSFETs for supplying flash media card power
● Support Power Saving mode/ Selective suspend mode for better power management.
● Support power/memory card access LED
● Pass WHCK (Windows Hardware Certification Kit) test for Windows 8 (Submission ID: 1510797)
● Pass WHCK (Windows Hardware Certification Kit) test for Windows 8 ARM (Submission ID: 1551618)
● Pass WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Lab) test for Windows 7 (Submission ID: 1503180)
● Package available in 48 pin LQFP (7x7 mm)