The GL889Q-10 is a USB fast-charging controller which complies with Qualcomm Quick Charger 2.0(abbrev. as QC2.0), and USB Battery Charging Specification (abbrev. as BC). Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 is a proprietary technology between USB host (wall charger) and device (handheld device), along with Class A (5/9/12V) and Class B (5/9/12/20V) output capability. With Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology, a handheld device can decrease at most 75% charging time*. USB BC is a public specification between USB host (charger) and device (handheld device). An USB BC device can draw up to 1.5A current under 5V, compared to traditional 0.5A (USB2.0) or 0.9A (USB3.0) current under 5V. With USB BC feature, a handheld device can saves at most 66% charging time.
In addition, the GL889Q-10 will automatically detect and charge not only QC2.0/USB BC compliant devices, but also Apple/Samsung/RIM devices. This feature implies wide range of end product applications and provides design flexibility for system manufactures.
*: Source from Qualcomm
** UL Certificate NO: 4786890810
● Fully supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 (QC 2.0)
- Class A: 5/9/12 V
- Class B: 5/9/12/20 V
● Supports Battery Charging Specification 1.2 charging port types of Dedicated Charging Ports (DCP)
● Supports Chinese Communications Industry Standard YD/T 1591-2009
● Auto detect and charge for Apple, Samsung, USB BC 1.2 and QC 2.0 compliant devices
● Available in 8 pin MSOP package
- Power bank
- Car charger
- USB universal wall charger / Outlet / Desktop multi-port wall charger