The GL836 is a high performance USB 2.0 Interface Flash Card Reader controller. It supports USB 2.0 high-speed transmission to Secure DigitalTM (SD), miniSDTM, microSDTM (T-Flash) , MultiMediaCardTM (MMC), RS MultiMediaCardTM (RS MMC), MMC Plus, MMC Micro, MMC-Mobile , Memory StickTM (MS), Memory Stick DuoTM (MS Duo), High Speed Memory StickTM (HS MS), Memory Stick PROTM (MS PRO), Memory Stick PROTM Duo (MS PRO Duo), Memory Stick PRO-HGTM (MS PRO-HG) and MS PRO Micro on one chip. It also supports next generation huge density memory cards (up to 2TB), such as SDXC and Memory Stick XC. As a single chip solution for USB 2.0 flash card reader, the GL836 complies with Universal Serial Bus specification rev. 2.0, USB Storage Class specification ver.1.0, and flash card interface specification each.
The GL836 can support dual SD and MS slots and integrates a high speed 8051 microprocessor and a high efficiency hardware engine for the best data transfer performance between USB and flash card interfaces. Besides, the GL836 integrates 5V to 3.3V, 3.3V to 1.8V regulators and MOSFET switches; it can help reduce the system BOM cost.
The GL836 pin assignment design fits to card sockets to provide easier PCB layout. 48 pin LQFP (7x7mm) is available package now.
● USB specification compliance
- Comply with 480Mbps Universal Serial Bus specification rev. 2.0
- Comply with USB Storage Class specification rev. 1.0
- Support 1 device address and up to 4 endpoints: Control (0)/ Bulk Read (1)/ Bulk Write (2)/Interrupt (3)
● Integrated USB building blocks
- USB2.0 transceiver macro (UTM), Serial Interface Engine (SIE), Build-in power-on reset (POR) and low-voltage detector (LVD)
● Embedded 1T 8051 micro-controller
- Embedded mask ROM and internal SRAM
● Secure DigitalTM and MultiMediaCardTM
- Support SD specification v1.0 / v1.1 / v2.0
- Support SDHC / SDXC
- Support MMC specification v3.X / v4.0 / v4.1 / v4.2 / v4.3.
- x1 / x4 / x8 data transmission.
● Memory StickTM / Memory Stick PRO / Memory Stick PRO Duo / Memory Stick Micro /Memory Stick PRO-HG / Memory Stick XC
- Comply with Memory Stick specification: MS 1.43, MS PRO 1.03, MS Micro 1.04, MS PRO-HG 1.01 with 8-bit data bus
- Support Read/Write quad data access (512Bytex4) for MS PRO-HG to enhance the transmission rate
● Support 2 LUNs application
- 1st LUN: SD/MMC/MS
- 2nd LUN: SD/MMC/MS
- Support both LUN 8bit data transmission
● Operate at 12MHz crystal
● On-Chip 5V to 3.3V and 3.3V to 1.8V regulator
● Provide Band Gap Regulator for stable voltage operation
● On-Chip power MOSFETs for supplying flash media card power with programmable over current protection mechanism
● Support Spread Spectrum Clock to reduce the EMI Effect
● Support external serial EEPROM interface (8 bit format)
● Available in 48 pin LQFP (7x7 mm) package